SI251: SinCos Interpolator with Incremental Output (HTL / RS422)
The SI251 will be discontinued in mid-2023. There is currently no successor device.
The SI251 is an encoder interface for converting, multiplying and dividing the output signals of so-called sine-cosine encoders and comparable measuring systems into incremental pulse signals. A corresponding number of output pulses is interpolated from each period of the incoming sine-cosine voltage signal, taking into account an adjustable multiplier. If necessary, these can also be divided before output.
Extensive features such as control input for error triggering, control output "Error" as well as an adjustable interpolation factor, multiplier, divider and glitch filter ensure a broad range of applications of this intelligent interpolator. The desired settings are made via an 8-pin DIL switch, which is accessible on the top of the housing.
- Encoder input with format SIN+, SIN-, COS+, COS-, REF+, REF- [1 Vss]
- Control input „Error Release“ for PNP signals [10 ... 30 VDC]
- Input frequency up to 400 kHz
- Pulse output with format A, /A, B, /B, Z, /Z [RS422]
- Pulse output with format A, B, 90° [HTL]
- Output frequency up to 100 kHz [HTL], up to 4 MHz [RS422]
- Control output „Error“ with push-pull characteristic,
short-circuit-proof, [5 ... 30 VDC]
- Power supply 18 ... 30 VDC
- Snap-on housing for top hat rail (according to EN 60715)
- Adjustable multiplier for interpolation rates from 1:5 to 1:50
- Adjustable divider 1:1 – 1:128 to reduce the output frequency
Declaration of Conformity
File type: pdf, File size: 158 KB
File type: pdf, File size: 474 KB
Data Sheet SI251
File type: pdf, File size: 153 KB
« Back to overview